We do air barriers right for energy efficiency, better buildings, and healthier communities
To work together with our membership, industry and trade to be the recognized voice for air barrier knowledge
The Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) was incorporated in the State of Massachusetts in 2001 and consists of stakeholders in the building enclosure industry. Such stakeholders include manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, architects, engineers, contractors, researchers, testing & audit agencies, consultants and building owners. ABAA is focused on leading the industry into the future in a progressive and professional manner. We are the national voice of the air barrier industry in America.
As state energy code requirements become more and more stringent; driven by factors such as green house gas production, the need for more energy efficient heating and cooling systems, dwindling natural resources, the long term effects of mold and mildew and an ever more environmentally conscious public, ABAA’s role as the National Voice of the air barrier industry is becoming increasingly apparent.
The association seeks to raise the standard of proficiency in the industry through the ABAA On-Site Qualit y Assurance Program , based on the principles outlined in ISO 9000. ABAA will continue to play a pivotal role in the education, lobbying and marketing of the industry to government, the professional community, building owners, utilities and other industry stakeholders. ABAA is also dedicated to furthering continuing education in the industry. ABAA offers premier training to installers, estimators, managers and administrators on the contractor side, as well as AIA accr edited courses for design professionals.
The association's long term strategy revolves around five intertwining goals that encompass programming, membership, marketing, governance and financial stability.
ABAA's Five Strategic Planning Goals
- Credibility & Quality
- Goal: Ensure continuous improvement and promotion of all education, training / installation and quality assurance programs
- Goal: Provide more active venues in participation in order to retain 75% of 375 existing members (2011) and grow membership to 700 by 2014
- Goal: Become recognized by the U.S. building construction industry as the authority on all things air barrier by 2014
- Goal: Adopt, implement and review nonprofit governance best practices on an annual basis, and formalize a new committee structure by 2012
- Finance & Administration
- Goal: Provide the organization with the financial and administrative resources to fulfill ABAA's strategic goals