Commercial Buildings 101 - Learning Objectives:
- Identify the 3 physical processes by which heat flows within a building
- Identify moisture movement mechanisms in exterior wall systems
- Review and relate air movement processes within the building enclosure
Air Barriers 102 - Learning Objectives:
- Review and understand the function of an air barrier
- Identify 4 key requirements to an air barrier assembly
- Review of ASTM test procedures for materials and assemblies
What Do I Receive?
- 2 AIA HSW Learning Credits
- 2 ABAA University Credits
- Binder containing copy of the presentations, specifications, construction details, technical papers, reports and an ABAA CD ontaining copies of the presentation as well as the “Design Professionals Guide to Air Barriers”.
Additional Courses Available from ABAA
- 200-Understanding Air Barrier Materials (2hrs) Prerequisite:AB100
- 300-Understanding Basic Details (2 hrs) Prerequisite:AB100 & AB200
- 400-Advanced Details Case Study (2 hrs) Prerequisite:AB100, AB200 & AB300