February 21, 2018
In accordance with the Bylaws of the Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA), nominations for membership to the Board of Directors may be made at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Association, which is being held on May 9, 2018, by any member in good standing. As a condition precedent to such nominations, it is necessary to file at the ABAA office a formal nomination declaration signed by three (3) members in good standing as nominators and signed by the candidate for election.
Board terms are for three (3) years. The Board typically meets approximately 4 times per year on a 1 hour conference call, is encouraged to attend the Annual General Meeting and respond to emails and cast their vote for ballots when asked to. The hour requirement is approximately 5-7 hours per month.
In general, each Director is responsible for;
- helping to achieve the vision, mission, values and implementation of the strategic plan
- attend meetings
- actively participate in the decision-making and work of the Board
- represent the organization in accordance with the vision, mission and values
- report to the Board on area of responsibility
- chair committee, if desired
- devoting sufficient time to complete duties
Any ABAA member wishing to submit a nomination may do so by filling out this form, submitting a current resume/short biography along with the answers to the below questions (see pages 2-3) and return it to the ABBA office. The fax number is 1-866-956-5819 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org