WELCOME TO THE AIR BARRIER ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA
We are the National Voice of the Air Barrier Industry in America. We do Air Barriers right for energy efficiency, better buildings and healthier communities.
“To work together with our membership, industry, and trade to be the recognized voice for Air Barrier knowledge.”
The Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) was incorporated in the State of Massachusetts in 2001 and consists of stakeholders in the building enclosure industry. Such stakeholders include manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, architects, engineers, contractors, researchers, testing & audit agencies, consultants and building owners. ABAA is focused on leading the industry into the future in a progressive and professional manner. We are the national voice of the air barrier industry in America. We welcome you to learn more about ABAA, what we stand for and what we believe in.
ABAA offers a series of AIA accredited courses designed to offer continuing education to architects, engineers, building consultants and other industry members on air barrier considerations ranging from introductory seminars to advanced details.
The Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) is the center of excellence in the air barrier industry. The association is a non-profit group of stakeholders in the construction marketplace, focused on promoting the use and benefits of air barrier systems, educating the public about air barrier systems and developing a professional air barrier specialty trade and industry dedicated to the installation of effective air barrier systems in buildings on a nationwide scale. We invite you to learn more about our educational programs and training for air barrier professionals.
An air barrier system is a system of building assemblies within the building enclosure—designed, installed and integrated in such a manner as to stop the uncontrolled flow of air into and out of the building enclosure.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Access to air barrier assembly details and model specifications.
- Technical Assistance on the design and construction of air barrier assemblies.
- Technical bulletins and newsletters highlighting innovations in air barrier technology and industry advancements.
- Education and technology transfer programs on building enclosure design, construction and maintenance.
- Access to industry research and best practice guides for air barrier materials, assemblies systems and installation.
- Provide direction to the association on industry issues and priorities by serving on the technical, educational, marketing or house-wraps committees.
- Share ideas and receive assistance from leading experts in the air barrier industry.
- Listing on ABAA’s nationally promoted website as a design professional with links to your organization’s home page.
- Network opportunities at regional meetings, seminars, workshops and association events with leading building enclosure experts.
- Membership plaque indicating your professional membership status. Access to Accredited Contractors and Certified Installers for air barriers.
ABAA by the numbers