FIELD AUDITOR TRAINING
The Field Auditor training course consists of both theory and practical instruction.
The classroom portion of training emphasizes understanding the need for and function of an air barrier assembly, the ability to select and install the correct material(s) applications, the ability to confirm proper installation through on-sit testing and the documentation required throughout the air barrier installation process. The classroom is divided into three main modules.
- The first, principles and theory provides an introduction to air barriers, building science, codes and standards as well as installer ethics and responsibilities.
- The second module focuses on procedure, teaching participants about testing and audits and proper documentation and reporting.
- The final module of the classroom section is an overview of building enclosure construction. Participants will learn about material selection, application technology, substrate conditions and the continuity/compatibility of components
The practical portion of the training module is carried out on a job site, or on a mock-up where an authorized ABAA representative will instruct the candidates on audit process for air barrier assemblies.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
Participants who successfully complete the field auditor course will receive a training course attendance letter with exam results (if applicable) and an attendance certificate.
Course Length: 2.5 Days
In-person Training Course Fees:
- Members – $995.00
- Non-Members – $1495.00
On-person Training Course Fees:
- Members – $500.00
- Non-Members – $1095.00
- Certification Exam – $250.00
- Certification Registration – $250.00
Not an Auditor?
ABAA courses are open to everyone and are a great training opportunity for all, including General Contractors, Suppliers, Manufacturers sales rep, Architectural Reps, and anyone in the construction industry. There is NO experience needed to attend one of our great training courses.