- This event has passed.
ABAA T0002 Pull Adhesion Test Method – A Sticky Subject
July 22, 2021 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
- Identify the purpose of conducting a pull test on installed material.
- Determine the reason for a 16-psi requirement for installed material.
- Explain the difference between the ASTM D4541 test method compared to an ABAA modified ASTM D4541 test and an ABAA T0002 test method.
- Outline a project specification requirement for conducting the ABAA T0002 field test.
- Provide the range of actual test results from the field.
Mr. Laverne Dalgleish is the Executive Director of the Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA). As such, he works to champion energy conservation in buildings while educating the building owners and designers about the benefits of energy conservation such as durability, comfort, reduced maintenance, reduced HVAC equipment costs and the positive impact on the environment.
Mr. Dalgleish travels North America on a weekly basis to educate building owners and designers on the benefits of effective and working air barrier systems in buildings. This education mission includes working with standards development organizations, training and education groups, government policy departments, and quality assurance program developers for the construction industry. Mr. Dalgleish is the Secretariat of two ISO Committees, ISO TC61 SC10 Cellular Plastics and ISO TC163 SC3 Thermal Insulation Products. He is also Chair of the ULC Thermal Performance in the Building Environment Standards Committee.
Mr. Dalgleish was the key developer of the ABAA Quality Assurance Program for the installation of air barrier systems in buildings. This program is based on ISO9000 and ISO 12576-2 but brings the ISO requirements together with practical applications for the air barrier industry.