- This event has passed.
AIA West Virginia
May 20, 2022 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Please Proceed with Caution: Ensure your Building Enclosure is Sustainable and Performs
by Brian Stroik, Air Barrier Association of America (ABBA)
(1.0 LU/HSW; 1.0 GBCI)
Brian Stroik is a recognized industry leader in the construction of energy efficient, sustainable and durable buildings.
Brian is involved with key industry organizations – For three years, he has served as Chair of the Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA), he’s been voted for two years to the Board of Directors for the Building Enclosure Technology and Environmental Council (BETEC), has obtained certifications as a Certified Air Barrier Specialist (CABS) and Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) and is currently a Performance Excellence & Quality Consultant for American Contractors Insurance Group, a company that focuses on Quality in Construction for some of the largest construction companies in the United States.
Brian is a frequent speaker on the subjects of: Commissioning the building enclosure (BECx), Quality in construction, and mock-ups / first run studies. Brian has also chaired numerous speaker sessions at national conferences and hosted roundtable discussions. He holds the following industry positions and affiliations:
- Chair, Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA): Past Chair Research Committee
- ABAA Executive Committee Vice-Chair
- Past Chair, National Building Enclosure Council (NBEC)
- Advisory Board Member, Building Enclosure Technology and Environmental Council (BETEC a Council of the National Institute of Building Sciences – NIBS), Washington, DC
- Founder and Chair, Building Enclosure Council of Wisconsin (BEC-WI)
- Voting member of ASTM E06 – Building Performance
- Senior Member, American Society of Quality (ASQ)
- Certified, American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
White papers by Mr. Stroik on the subjects of building energy efficiency and building enclosure design, among others, have been published in The Journal of Energy Efficiency & Reliability, The Journal of Building Enclosure Design and SprayFoam Magazine.