The Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) has joined with other industry leaders—the AIA, IIBEC, and the IFMA—as an organizing partner of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Building Envelope Campaign. The goals of the Building Envelope Campaign are to better the industry by:
- Motivate action and increase awareness of the value of investing in high-performance building enclosure technologies for both new and existing commercial buildings,
- Recognize leaders adopting and achieving high performing building enclosure systems, and
- Demonstrate and document energy and cost savings with integrated design, construction, commissioning, and maintenance from the implementation of high performing enclosure systems.
The benefits of joining the Building Envelope Campaign include:
- Achieve energy savings through an improved building envelope
- Get technical assistance from Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Gain recognition for your organization’s participation
- Win a national award from the U.S. Department of Energy
ABAA members are encouraged to participate in the Building Envelope Campaign. The BEC provides a new building envelope assessment tool for determining your building’s BEP-value and identifying areas for potential envelope improvement.
The introduction to the campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3hR-80PSMQ&t=9s (Angelo: perhaps have the YouTube video as a screen shot with a Play button on it)?
Here is a link to the program: https://ec.ornl.gov/