Officers Nomination and Declaration – 2022
Join the Air Barrier Association of America Board!
Nominations for membership to the ABAA Board of Directors may be made at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Association, by any member in good standing. As a condition precedent to such nominations, it is necessary to file at the ABAA office a formal nomination declaration signed by three (3) members in good standing as nominators and signed by the candidate for election. A person cannot nominate themselves, however each nomination must be done by a member in good standing and the nomination cannot consist of more than one individual per Member Company.
Board terms are for three (3) years. The Board typically meets approximately 4 times per year on a 1 hour conference call, is encouraged to attend the Annual General Meeting and respond to emails and cast their vote for ballots when asked to. The hour requirement is approximately 5-7 hours per month.
In general, each Director is responsible for;
- helping to achieve the vision, mission, values and implementation of the strategic plan
- attend meetings
- actively participate in the decision-making and work of the Board
- vote on all documents when circulated
- represent the organization in accordance with the vision, mission and values
- report to the Board on area of responsibility
- chair committee, if desired
- devoting sufficient time to complete duties
The attached application form must be filled out completely and received to the ABAA office no later than Midnight (CST) – Friday March 18, 2022 to be considered.